When it comes to managing Google ads, businesses have two options: hire an external agency or handle the process in-house. The decision depends largely on the company’s marketing goals, budget, and expertise. In this blog post, we’ll explore the pros and cons of each option to help you decide which approach is best for your business through Google Ads company.
Option 1: Google Ads Companies
Google Ads companies specialize in managing pay-per-click (PPC) ads, which are the sponsored listings that appear at the top (and bottom) of search engine results pages. Such companies have professionals with experience in Google Ads that can help set up and optimize campaigns to improve performance. Here are the pros and cons of hiring a Google Ads company:
- Expertise: Google Ads companies have experience and expertise in PPC advertising. They stay up to date with the latest changes in algorithms and can optimize campaigns accordingly.
- Cost-effective: In the long run, having a professional manage your PPC campaigns can be cost-effective compared to hiring an in-house team with the same level of experience.
- Time-saving: Outsourcing the Google Ads management to a company can free up time for your business to focus on other core areas.
- Cost: Hiring a Google Ads company can be expensive, and it might not be cost-effective for some businesses.
- Lack of control: Since the Google Ads company is handling the management and optimization of your campaigns, you have little or no control over the process.
- Communication issues: There is a potential for communication issues with an external company, which can be problematic if you have specific campaign goals.
Option 2: In-House Management
Some businesses prefer to manage their campaigns with a Google Ads company in-house rather than outsourcing to a third-party agency. Here are the pros and cons of this option:
- Control: In-house management gives you greater control over the ad campaigns, including the ability to make last-minute changes or create new campaigns whenever needed.
- Lower cost: With an in-house team, you can save on the costs of outsourcing the management function to an external agency.
- Better understanding of your business: An in-house team will have a better understanding of your business, which can lead to more personalized ad campaigns.
- Skills and expertise: Campaigns may not be as effective as they would be with an external agency, particularly if you don’t have employees who have experience with Google Ads.
- Time-consuming: Managing Google Ads campaigns in-house can be very time-consuming, taking up valuable staff hours that could be spent on other core business areas.
- Limited resources: In-house management means you have limited resources to work with, including budget, time, and expertise.
Both options come with their own advantages and disadvantages, and which one is right for your business depends on your goals, budget, and expertise. Companies with a relatively small budget may benefit more from outsourced Google Ads management, whereas a business with a bigger budget may be able to afford an in-house team with experienced Google Ads professionals. Whatever your decision, make sure to consider all the pros and cons of each option before making up your mind.